Sunday 19 January 2014

Week 17: New Zealand's getting closer!

Not a huge amount to talk about this week, asides from moving onto our fourth subject of module two, Performance. It follows on quite nicely from Principles of flight, but with more focus on the sections of flight that are normally restricted due to variable factors like load, the weather and legal regulations. Put simply there's a huge amount of time spent using performance charts (such as the one pictured) to decipher how much runway is required for a take off or landing. Fortunately, easyJet have taken an electronic approach to this, so when I do eventually start line flying performance calculations should be significantly more straightforward!

On a more exciting note, we have started to complete our Student Visa paperwork, which is mad as it genuinely doesn't feel that long ago I was on my first day at Nursling. Fortunately the form isn't that complicated, especially when you compare it to the United States. Back in 2006 I was fortunate enough to take part in Camp America, and that required a monster application form plus a visit to the embassy in central London, where I was then grilled and genuinely felt I was putting someone out by wanting to visit!

So I find myself up late again, studying hard as there don't seem to be enough hours in the day! On the upside, we only have 14 days of lectures left then we are into our mocks and revision period. Get on with it I say!





No comments:

Post a Comment