Sunday 6 July 2014

Week 41: the inevitable has happened!

It is with great pain that I have to report that the slow start and poor weather have doomed our departure, our head of training this week confirming our course has been delayed and we will leave 3 weeks later than planned. Consequently I am now missing Alice's Birthday, our holiday to France, as well as an incredibly important family event, so I am rather ticked off. There's no point in my discussing it because ill probably end up crying, and my laptops not waterproof!

After what feels like an age I managed to fly this morning on what was a pretty interesting route. I basically took a solo tour of the Bay of Plenty, calling in at Rotorua and Tauranga during my second solo navigation over here, and with the sun rising in the east and the still conditions, I had a really good 2 hours. I tried getting some pics, but as I was concentrating on flying the aircraft I just said the video running, and grabbed a few stills. Apologies for them being a bit blurry, but it's the best I could manage!

 The Beautiful South Pacific

After my solo I then caught up with Scott and we clattered off on a split flight duty, where I took us northbound to Whitianga, then Dan tracked the east coast back to Hamilton. During my leg I went into New Zealand's busiest airfield Ardmore; the closest description I can offer for the radio chatter during my time in the circuit was 'noise', but it was good to visit a new place. I then took us north and managed a visit to Great Barrier Island, where the aerodrome plate actually says to watch for wild pigs! 

Unfortunately the Weather is due to turn rubbish in a few days so the misery drags on, but hopefully ill manage a couple more flights before i'm cemented to terra firma again. Life's a b*%ch!

No comments:

Post a Comment