Tuesday 2 September 2014

Week 49: R&R, a wedding and a crumble.

Given we're not due back until the 8th of September, the past week has been spent enjoying some time off to relax and recharge the batteries ahead of the final push. Getting home earlier I have spent a chunk of my time visiting my sister and family, but as she's on the mend I have been able to spend more time with Alice, including a friends wedding on Saturday. I hadn't managed to catch up with all of my friends before starting the course, so it was brilliant to have a few pints and throw some shapes out on the dancefloor.


On Sunday Alice and I cooked a roast for her friends and brother, my job being an apple and raspberry crumble. Now I hadn't made one before so was worried it'd be rubbish, but thankfully no-one made any funny faces and I quite enjoyed it so a small success! 

Unfortunately with the wedding I was unable to get to the Bournemouth air show, which is a first for about 5 years! Thankfully though, when I do get to Bournemouth next week the weather is apparently going to be quite nice for the remainder of September, so I may get a summer after what feels like an eternal winter. I believe CTC's stand at the show was quite popular, and it clearly had the perfect backdrop for attracting interest.

For the rest of the week I plan to continue relaxing, getting my gear together for the next stage, and getting to know my niece a bit better before i'm yanked away for a few months! It's nice to think it's only about 6 months until I start flying passengers, but I have no doubts that the months will fly by and before I know it there will be dozens of holiday makers excitedly boarding my aircraft bound for exotic locations all over Europe. And i'm driving!


No comments:

Post a Comment