Sunday 2 March 2014

Week 23: Ground-school....the final push!

For those of you who've been following the blog you'll be aware that tomorrow afternoon I start a four day brain drain session, which will see me having attempted all 14 ATPL theory examinations. Obviously i'm hoping that there are no additional attempts to that magic number, so hopefully the knowledge sitting in my brain as well as the past 12 days revision has been beneficial! 
might get some use out of these this week....

Unfortunately my week has been rather dull as it's consisted of 12 hour days either at my desk, or in one of the classrooms at Nursling. And I am not alone with that level of commitment; on a daily basis there were quite a few cadets from cp112 (as well as cp115 who have their first module exams) all working away putting in Herculean efforts to ensure they're best prepared for the exams, and those that didn't venture in I can guarantee were working just as hard at home. So for those of you that think ground-school is just a bit of a hurdle and that the only area of importance is pinging a Cessna about, THINK AGAIN! Ground-school is tough and has taken a vast amount of self discipline from every cadet who successfully completes, so if you don't think you're up for the challenge, perhaps take a moments pause before piling into an application! 

All I can say now is good luck to all my course-mates on both cp112 (as well as the guys already in Hamilton taking their exams 12 hours earlier!) and cp115 getting a taste of the real thing. By this time next week it'll all be over, ill probably have had too many glasses of grandpas cough medicine on Thursday after my final, and for once ill be able to watch the rugby without the overwhelming guilt it shouldn't even be on in the background! Here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment